Monday, June 3, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef: Review + Swatches

So the other day I was walking around CVS and I noticed that the only drugstore lip gloss I liked was 75% off. Thankfully there was one left at the stand and it was one I happened to like. The shad is called Coral Reef, and the name describes this perfectly. In the photo below, the gloss looks as if it is more pink than orange. But if you look at it in artificial light, it looks way more  orange than pink.

                                                 (Revlon's Coral Reef in natural lighting)

I really like the color, its pigmented enough to where you can wear it on its own, but its not pigmented enough to overpower an lipstick. As for the formula, this is my favorite drugstore lip gloss. It stays on for long periods of time without having to reapply and its not at all sticky. As you can see below, I pictured 2 swatches, one where it is only one coat (above) and the other where I added 2-3 coats. With this gloss, I love combining it with my Maybelline Vivids Shocking Coral lipstick.

                                      (Swatch on top: sheered out, swatch on bottom: opaque)
For this I paid about $2.12 but it usually retails for around $6-7.
So one question that still remains is, why was the price so cheap at CVS? Are they discontinuing this product?
xoxo, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment